Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Don't Turn Back....

.....Ever!!!

Dear Future-Self:

I know that you think you might not turn back to this decision again or second-guess yourself thinking maybe you made a bad choice. But let me tell you, it's not. Yeah, yeah you don't want to take my advice because "You already know better" but trust me you will be thankful that you have this when you randomly have amnesia in a month or so and think "Oh but it was so great why did I not embrace it?"

As your Present-Self I will tell you why! Remember all those great memories that that source brought to your life? Pretty great huh? Well now remember the agony.....

Remember the uncertainty, remember the person you have become when it was in your life. Hateful? Cynical? Beyond Sarcastic? Ring a bell?

Remember the constant arguments of right and wrong, remember the fact you had to keep looking over your shoulder every second, remember sleepless nights? Goodness, I love my sleep and it took it away from me!

But most importantly remember not having a peace of mind...ever. There was good but the bad outweighed it. You are breathing easier now, smiling a lot more, and you have a sound heart. So please don't second guess your decisions. Keep looking ahead, you did the right thing, and reaping the benefits as I speak.

Sincerely,
Your Present-Self

Tip: When you leave something write yourself a letter while the elements of that decision are still fresh. So when you try to go back to it again in the future you can remind yourself of how it really was and not what picture you are painting at the moment. You are in a better place now so don't second-guess yourself.

There is a reason people stumble and fall when they walk backwards...the trail is ahead and your feet are designed to move forward.

Till Next Time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment